Saturday 29 September 2012

Shoe challenge #80: Navy 'n stripes


I don't have to tell you that these photos are from a couple of weeks ago, do I? I think the spot of sunshine gives the game away... As you can also tell, I really do love my Dorothy Perkins dresses. You may remember I was on the hunt for the perfect pair of navy pumps a while ago, and these are what I eventually ended up with after a little browsing the eBay. These peep toes are from River Island and had never been worn (that's how I like my eBay purchases), and I just love the cutouts and the ribbon bow on the toe. They have kind of a ladylike, brogue-ish feel to them. Close-up here.


Surprisingly, you can even glimpse some sunshine in these photos. At work (in Brussels) that day, I saw nothing out my window but grey clouds and oncoming rain. A bit more up north (20 minutes outside Brussels, the centre of Belgium), and I was greeted by the sun when I came home.


As much as I do love this dress, this particular day was kind of windy (as most days have been since then) and, well, let's say a couple of people caught a glimpse of my underwear. I ran into some friends on the way home, and when I saw them later that evening, they even commented on my skirt flaring up, oh the horror! Who knows who saw?! And I wasn't even wearing my nice underwear damnit.


Anyway, I'll still be pretending to be enjoying Summer for a little while, since, well, I have no choice. I think I've gotten through the last of the peep toes, and I'm now working on the suede ones. I have a lot of work cut out for me before Winter is allowed in!

dress and belt Dorothy Perkins (seen here) / cardigan Mango
shoes River Island

No comments:

Post a Comment