Sunday 27 May 2012

Filthy landlubber


I love it when a certain shoe appears in several variations. Usually designers opt for a certain shape in different colours, but sometimes they just use a very cool upper and rework it into several shapes. Iron Fist is the only brand I know that does this pretty much always. At the very minimum, they launch a ballet flat and a high heeled pump of a certain style.
And that when I noticed this gorgeous pirate-inspired/rockabilly upper, with skulls in sailor hats, moons and flowers. The first version I saw of it, was this T-barred peep toe wedge. I love it, but it's not perfect. I wouldn't kept the ankle strap and the touch of tan on the toe, but without the extra strap going up the foot. This one is £80 at New Look.


This court version with peep toe and bow is also available at New Look, and seems to be more popular and a bit cheaper (£65) than the wedges.


Those who prefer less heel might love these ballet flats from the Schuh website. At £35, they're a steal.


But the ones that I would commit mutiny for (har har!), are these chunky heeled sandals. The perfect ratio of tan and print, and they look genuinely comfortable. If only I had £75 lying around...

No comments:

Post a Comment