Tuesday 22 May 2012

Ikaria


These would have never caught my attention from the product shot alone. I'm not a fan of gladiators, as it's a style that I would never wear myself, and especially in gold they generally never appeal to me. It was however this photo that did convince me about these sandals.


I love Greek mythology, and I'm especially taken with the wing detail when placed on a foot. They fit nicely around the ankles though, which makes it quirky and not over the top like the Melissa x Vivienne Westwood Wing platforms. As opposed to those (which I find rather ugly), these remain elegant and rather subtle. You almost have to do a second take to really notice this exceptional detail, as it isn't so in your face that you'd notice at first glance.
These Ikaria sandals from Ancient Greek Sandals don't come awfully cheap though, they'll cost you $245.

No comments:

Post a Comment