Wednesday 4 July 2012

London calling

The Shoe Gallery at Selfridges.

I love London. I love it so much, that I try to go there at least once a year, since it’s only a 2 hours train ride away from Brussels. And it is the best place to shop. Seriously. I’m always very frustrated with Belgian sales, since you only get small discounts (almost never higher than 30 or 40 % off) and only on items that no one seems to really want (aka the “leftovers”). Not in London. You can walk into a shop like Karen Millen and find gorgeous items at a 70 % discount. Last year I scored big time at the Karen Millen store: two cocktail dresses and a winter coat, and I paid maybe £200? Anyway, back to topic.

The entree to the Louboutin "boudoir".

Yesterday I went to London for a little daytrip on my own, with exactly three things on my mind. 1. The Louboutin exhibition at the Design Museum, 20th anniversary style. 2. The Damien Hirst exhibition at the Tate Modern (it was amazing, if you’re in the neighbourhood, be sure to check it out!). 3. SALES!! I had a marvelous time, even by myself, but in a way it was a little bit disappointing. 


The stairwell was decorated with Louboutins...

For instance, the Louboutin exhibition didn't live up to my expectations. There were gorgeous shoes to be seen of course (I especially couldn't keep my eyes off these Anemones, that were featured in a coral pink), but for a true Louboutin fan there wasn't that much added value. A lot of shoes, yes, and a hologram of Dita Von Teese performing and a little peek at Louboutin's atelier, and that was it. It took me less than an hour to see and read everything! Still, pretty shoes!

Can you say 'autch!'?

I also really wanted to check out the Louboutin store, since last year at Christmas they had sales going on. No sales this time. I did try on a couple of shoes and couldn’t make my mind up whether to buy any or not, but I decided to be a little bit more patient. You see, I have a dilemma. On the one hand, I want my first pair of Louboutins to be timeless if I’m spending that much money. On the other hand, I also want my future Louboutins to be special if I’m spending that kind of money. 

What was actually on my feet throughout the day.

I was in fact very tempted by a stunning pair of Ron Rons 100, in a buttery soft calfskin leather in the most perfect matte nude. It's the perfect shape and they were so comfy, so I'm probably going to go for a pair of Ron Rons eventually, but in a punchier colour. I also tried on a pair of metallic woven Fifis, which were to die for as well and a very similar shoe. At least now I can be sure about my CL size. I'm sure it won't be long now!

No comments:

Post a Comment