Friday 17 August 2012

Djaldos


At first glance I would've never guessed that these were Louboutin. Which they are. Which is one of the reasons why I love Louboutin so much as a designer. Even though he is most known for his elegant stiletto classics, he still knows how to surprise us from time to time as well. With a studded pointy ballerina shoe for example. Or this magnificent wedge.


First up, I really dig the structural shape of the wedge itself, with the narrowness of the heel that is almost like a stiletto, and the way it creates a little overhang under the ball of the foot. This wedge is edgy, and looks a even a little dangerous, in spite of the girly colour scheme.
Secondly, it's those colours that I love. The bright pink suede and the red metallic straps look like they shouldn't work together, but for some magical reason they do. If you want to be part of the magic, and I can't say that I blame you, you better hurry up, as these are only available in a couple of select sizes anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment