Thursday 30 August 2012

Shoe challenge #60: Twist


I thought you're probably not tired of my Dorothy Perkins dresses yet, so I thought I'd show you the one that started it all. Unfortunately this one is a whole lot shorter than the others. But I love the busy print, and I actually don't even mind the green dots. Today I decided to play out the purple with my satin Zara peep toes. I even thought about adding a purple cardigan, but thought that would probably be a bit too much, so picked this white one instead.


The shoes are still too big, and in desperate need of some heel grips. By the end of the day they had gotten truly uncomfortable. I figured I might as well wear them to work though, even if they are satin and more evening-appropriate. I'm guessing I'll have to find some way to make all my "party shoes" work during the day, or they'll never get saved. I have a few weddings on my social calendar for next summer though, so I'm sure they'll get their proper place in the spotlight eventually.
 

I must say, I'm always surprised at how sophisticated these look. If I saw someone at a cocktail party wearing these, I would never guess they were Zara. The pleating on the toe is so delicate and exquisite. Simple yet elegant.


On a more general note, I was very surprised to see that I have managed to save no less than twenty pairs of shoes this month! Woop woop! I'm definitely planning to continue my winning streak this weekend, but I'll be staying at my mum's place so all shoe challenge posts won't go online until next week.

dress and belt Dorothy Perkins (seen here) / cardigan Mango
shoes Zara (last year's challenge)

4 comments:

  1. I am in love with your Dorothy Perkins dresses and I just love how much fun your pictures are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with all of your Dorothy Perkins dresses! And you have some really fun looking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with your Dorothy Perkins dresses and you have such fun looking pictures!

    ReplyDelete