Thursday 4 November 2010

Shoe challenge #23: Don't step on my blue suede shoes

Skirt and top (We),
cardigan (H&M), shoes
and tights (New Look)
Yes, I do love this skirt. But to be honest, I love it better with bare legs. Because the cotton fabric has the tendency to creep up on my tights, I had to wear a slip underneath. Do not like. To make a long story short, I love this outfit (and to be honest I wear this combo quite often), but I love it better without the tights. There's something about pairing under the knee skirts with tights that makes me feel conservative and just a bit dowdy. It's all in my head, I'm sure, but it's stuck there.
Sparkly sequins
I wore this outfit to work and afterwards to a (already second) date. I believe it's so versatile that I could pretty much show up anywhere in this without looking too much out of place. Or maybe a survival weekend, because that would be weird, because I don't do survival weekends. 
The skirt has a gorgeous flowery pattern and is embellished with these little spots of bright blue sequins. I love bringing out this detail with suede pumps and a top in the same electric blue. The top actually has waterfall (or butterfly, if you wish) sleeves, which gives it that little extra something. It's basically just a plain tee in a bright colour, but it's the sleeves that keep it from looking plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment