Friday 4 November 2011

Dance the night away

Now that I've finally booked my New Year's trip (Belgrade, Serbia here we come!!), I'm getting more and more excited about looking for a proper outfit. Since girls in Serbia are (in my imagination at least) very thin, blonde and heavily made up, I have two options: either I go with it, or I just stick to my own style and hope people there will interpret it as 'exotic'. I probably won't buy a new outfit (dresses enough in my wardrobe, some still unworn even), but I'm always on the lookout for a great glittery party shoe! Especially since I still haven't found those misplaced sequin peep toes (also never worn, since I simply haven't seen them since the big move). My Kurt Geiger Jasmins are awesome, but a bit too 'Dorothy of Oz' to work on New Year's. (I will probably wear them again for Christmas though, I'm such a sucker for a good cliché) To make a long story short, I thought I'd share some of the favourites on my shortlist with you.


These look comfortable enough to get you through the entire night of dancing and drinking, without suffering too much. I would go for these if I was wearing a bright outfit, since I'm not a big fan of bright clothes paired with black shoes anymore. Would look great with anything red, pink, orange, yellow or green. £65 at Schuh.


Again a quite sturdy heel, this time in demure black glitter. I'd pair them with anything metallic or leopard print. £62 at Topshop.


The perfect shoe for a little black dress. Wear with a matching clutch and shiny jewellery. £62 at Topshop.


After months of visiting the Schuh website just to look at these, they are still my favourites of the bunch and the rightful frontrunners. Again, the heel combined with the platform is sturdy enough to be comfortable and they are not too over the top, so I think I would get a lot of wear out of them even after the holidays. Chances are these will be on my feet while I'm dancing my way into 2012! £65 at Schuh.


An eye catcher, these are. Wow! These have diamond embellishments rather than glitter and might be more elegant because of it, but I would be scared of accidentally scraping off the jewels while I'm walking or dancing or hitting my feet (which I do all the time). £85 at Miss Selfridge.


Very elegant and subtle. Wear with a pencil skirt to your office party. £225 at Kurt Geiger.


I love love love these. No glitter or diamonds, but with the different metallics still very festive me thinks. I love the shape, but the peep toe isn't a plus for the winter holidays. Especially because these don't seem to work with dark tights (because of the 'lightness' of the shoe). They might work on another occasion though, so I will keep these in mind... £75 at Schuh.


These look like a good backup to have around, in case your party shoes don't turn out to be as comfortable as you wished. Very high chance these will end up in my collection as well, especially for that price. £16 at New Look.


A very strong contender, they go neck to neck with the purple ones. The product shots aren't much, but they are simply stunning on a foot. These wouldn't be the most sensible choice though: although it's true the wedge will be more comfortable, you won't exactly wear them to work or to dinner. Or would I...


A slightly less obvious choice, but perfectly suited for everyone who's afraid their little piggies will freeze off in the cold winter nights. Would work well with miniskirts or skinnies. £30 at New Look.


Aaaaaah, Christian Louboutin. If I would suddenly walk up tomorrow a little richer, these would definitely be my party shoes of choice. They look like they came straight out of the firey pits of hell. Fierce, aren't they? $1695 at Neiman Marcus.

Which pair is your favourite? And what will you be wearing on your feet for New Year's?

2 comments:

  1. Belgrade is great, your going to have a blast!

    http://thefrugalhandmadehome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, these are all gorgeous! I think I like the silver Topshop ones best, but they seem a tad expensive for what they are :/ I hope you have a fantabulous New Year :) ♥

    Saraah ^.^

    ReplyDelete