Friday 27 April 2012

Over the moon


I'm beside myself right now. I thought all was lost, and then fate dealt me a lucky hand. For months I have been deliberating over these Rockette platforms from Jeffrey Campbell. Months! At first, I was afraid they were a bit too extravagant, even for me. Until I decided I had to have them. Yes, I would dare to wear them! I would ignore all the crazy glances cast my way.
And then, you guessed it, they sold out. All of a sudden. One moment there were still some pairs (and some sizes) left, the next day they had disappeared off the website. While I was waiting for payday to come around, someone had gotten to them first.
I started "the hunt". I googled them, but only found the snake print version. (which is nice, but not as nice as the leopard) Nothing even turned up on eBay, except for these, which I find rather ugly. There was nothing left for me to do but to check out the Nasty Gal website every day, hoping and wishing and praying that someone would send them back. And today, they appeared like a magic genie from a bottle. Only one pair, just my size! Granted, they were pretty pricey for an impulsive purchase (it took me about a minute and a half from squeal to checkout), but then again, I don't think these count as impulsive anymore, do you?
I can't wait until these show up! I just hope that whomever sent them back, did it because they couldn't walk in them and not because something's wrong with them. Oh! Excited!

1 comment:

  1. Love these! I am like obsessed with Leopard print any & everything!

    Stay beautiful! *Smooches*
    Nique

    www.chubbydivaonadime.com

    ReplyDelete