Tuesday 28 August 2012

Shoe challenge #58: Soft kitty


Today's outfit was a bit of a blast from the past: the force of the nineties is strong in this one. The T-shirt, the maxi skirt, the sneakers (I love their broderie anglaise texture). All it's missing is a big flanel shirt. That said, I was very conscious of this look not being my usual style. It was comfortable, yes, but I wasn't. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.


After all, fashion is about getting out of your comfort zone and trying new things. Where's the fun in finding your signature look and wearing similar outfits every single day? Even if I must plead guilty to that stagnation. I almost always go for the dress + belt + high heels + cardigan combo, because I know it works and it saves me the trouble of having to "invent" a whole new look. You could say it's my safety blanket. And sometimes we need to step away from the blankets, no matter how snug and fuzzy they are.


This T-shirt is the reason I wore this outfit. I love The Big Bang Theory and I love Sheldon's character even more. Not many people get the "Soft kitty" reference, but at least the boyfriend does.

Skirt Clockhouse (seen here) / T-shirt The Big Bang Theory / shoes New Look (seen here)

No comments:

Post a Comment