Saturday 8 January 2011

Shopped till we dropped

London: pear cider, fish and chips, sightseeing, and of course shopping. This time of year is perfect for a little weekend getaway, since all shops are having massive sales right now. A lot of brands aren't available for me in Belgium unless I buy them online, so to me it's especially nice to get to see all these gorgeous shoes in person. To be able to try them on, to get a feel of the uppers, I had actually almost forgotten how nice it is to shop in real life!


The first shop I came across was Aldo in Camden. The shop was a bit crowded and messy, but it didn't take me long to tune in on some styles I'd spotted online. In the beginning I was extremely tempted by the Fawson styles, but as they were only available in the extremely light bone I didn't risk it. Suede is hard enough to keep clean as it is, and I already own a pair of pale mint suede courts which proove that it would have been an idea to buy such pale shoes. It wasn't very hard deciding on these rusty red stilettos, which I had put in my online wishlist and which fit me like a glove. At £25 they were an absolute steal! I am contemplating buying some silver Fawsons online though.
Next up was Schuh, where I (at last!) tried on these magnificent Zanini platforms. The colour blocking is amazing, but I let them be, as they are a bit over the top, even for me. I would've liked them better and couldn't have resisted them without the bottom layer of striped platform. Great shoe though! I checked out the red patent/sequined Flick Flack by Irregular Choice as well, but was disappointed with the look and quality of the heel. The sequins just looked a bit off.


I was generally very disappointed by the clothing range in Topshop (ugly colours, ugly styles, ugly price tags), but not by their shoe selection. They were having some great sales, and I just couldn't say no to these colour blocked almost-wedges from Office (again a style I had put on my mental wishlist) and after I paid for them, I spotted these KG Dancer shoes in silver. Jackpot!


Originally I was trying on the striped version in black and white, but these are just too dreamy. I had actually never seen them in this specific colour, but boy do they match one of my new Karen Millen dresses for the wedding! Now I just have to wear them all, which will be very hard in case of the suede pairs, since this is still Belgium and it is raining. Again.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GAWD =( I'm so jealous of your shoe purchases they're absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!
    The colour block almost wedges are my favorite!!! They're so much fun!! They're going on my shwish list!! I hope I can find them on Lebanon (or something exactly like them :P)
    xoxo
    Aline
    http://alienslabyrinth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete